Monday, November 23, 2015

Thankful For Caregivers: A Poem

 Thankful For Caregivers
by Grace Thorson

I'm thankful for your ears that listen to my everyday plight,
I'm thankful for your perseverance throughout each night,
I'm thankful for your early-morning rising at dawn's first light,
With remembrance, I thank my caregiver for their day-to-day fight.

I'm thankful for your humble attitude against the daily grind,
I'm thankful for your encouraging words that always free my mind,
I'm thankful for your nursing skills that keep us intertwined,
With gratitude, I thank my caregiver for they are one-of-a-kind.

I'm thankful for your gentle prodding that forces me into motion,
I'm thankful for your honest soul in showing sincere emotion,
I'm thankful for your big heart because it's as deep as the ocean,
With love, I thank my caregiver for their ceaseless devotion.

In honor of all caregivers to their family members and patients,
thank you for all that you do! You are such a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment